Paper Pattern Catch the sun | summer top or dress (size 92-152)
This is the paper version of the Catch the Sun pattern. If you’re looking for the digital version, look here!
Catch the Sun is a top or dress for the sunniest summer days. The loop at the back gives wings to a back with a summer tan. The pattern is an ideal introduction to French terry or Terry Cloth, sewn with a regular sewing machine and/or serger.
The pattern contains the following options:
- Top or dress with back loop;
- Halter top or halter dress;
- Elastic at the waist or on the hips for the dress.
Hack the sun
This pattern already has a few options, but we have also come up with a few simple hacks for you, starring the About Blue bias ribbon. Discover them here!
- Seam allowance is included
- Sewing level: 1 (more info)
- We will ship your paper sewing pattern.
- The manual is digital and can be found through a link on the paper pattern sheet. This way you always have access to the latest version!
What do you need
- Top: between 35 and 55 cm French Terry or Terry Cloth, depending on the size
- Dress: between 50 and 100 cm French Terry or Terry Cloth, depending on size
- An extra strip of jersey or jersey ribbon for the neck ribbon
- 30 to 110 cm elastic 1 cm wide, depending on size and options.
Extensive supplies and fabric suggestions can be found in the manual.
Attention! The neckline of this top or dress is made by braiding narrow strips of jersey into each other. The stretchability of this neck strongly depends on the material used, and gave a different result with each test. That is why the procedure includes a passage where it is necessary to have the child around when making it, in order to be able to cut the neck ribbon to size.