We are launching soon: the Lotte Martens candy store!
Fabrics like candies. Vivid colors, crackling packaging, a little piece of textile delight. Unpacking them is like a party: release your creativity and use this little pearl to sew a unique detail. With our CANDY STORE collection we launch a new concept in the DIY world: that of uni + detail. This collection consists of solids in three qualities and matching A3-sized (flat eighths) candy fabrics. They wish to inspire you to create a classy single-colored garment with some subtle print details.
The recipe for a sweet outfit?
- Choose an accent fabric from our candy store
- Choose the matching uni fabric
- Cut your complete pattern from the uni fabric. Use the accent fabric for details like a pocket, a collar or a cuff.
- Tadaaah! Little sweet, huge result!
(To check if your pattern pieces fit into a fat eighth fabric piece? Lay two A4-sized printing papers next to each other and position your pattern piece onto it. If the pattern piece fits onto the papers, it will also fit into a candy fabric!)
About the fabric qualities:
- Tencel is an ecological fibre made from eucalyptus trees. It has a silky texture and has no stretch in it.
- Punta di Roma is a heavy interlock jersey usable on both sides
- Jersey is a thin stretch fabric often used for sewing T-shirts.
About the prints (left to right): Allium, Moli, Carex and Zilt
In fashion colors like khaki, pink and yellow fluo, supplemented with timeless basics like black and dark blue, this collection is meant for ladies and gentlemen of all ages. A cool chest pocket or a sweet dress? Come shopping in our candy store!
On an other shelf in our candy store, we are serving fresh DIY packs. With a coated piece of fake leather or felt with typical Lotte Martens print, you can make a basket or plant holder. Our DIY packs contain enough fabric for 1 item, a paper pattern and a step-by-step tutorial with lots of pictures.
Sounds like ear candy? Keep an eye on our social media channels, or ask your favourite fabric store to become a retailer: firstname.lastname@example.org.